the northeastern corner of the county, was organized in
1811. It is a very fertile area devoted largely to the
raising of corn and the feeding of stock, but without
incorporated towns. Part of it was originally prairie
and much of its soil is black. Two small communities
within its limits, GRAPE GROVE and
GLADSTONE, have each a school, a
church of Christ, a grocery, and a blacksmith shop.
Most of the trading is done in Jamestown and Cedarville.