| The photo below is of
the razing of Harding High School in Marion, Ohio. The high school
served Marion, Ohio from 1919 through the early 1950's when a new school
was constructed. It then served as Baker Middle School for a
number of years. The photo was taken from the intersection of W.
Church and Orchard Streets. The gymnasium was located where the
backhoe is parked. At this time, approximately half of the
building had been razed. The building at the rear was a later
addition and housed the vocational section. It still remains and
is used by the City of Marion Recreation Department.
The photo was taken on August 21, 1996.
HARDING HIGH SCHOOL BEFORE THE FIRE