AERIAL VIEW OF PAULDING, PAULDING CO., OHIO
(Click on Picture to make it larger)
Street View in Paulding, Ohio
Williams and Perry Streets, Paulding, Paulding Co., Ohio
St. Paul M. E. Church, Payne, Paulding Co., Ohio
St. Mary's Church, Antwerp, Paulding Co., Ohio
St. Joseph Church, Paulding, Paulding Co., Ohio
High School, Paulding, Paulding Co., Ohio
PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, Paulding Ohio
In August, 1900 the Paulding Journal mentioned that the Model
Furniture and Undertaking store is moving to the Straw Block on the
east side of the square.
In September, 1901, The Paulding Journal mentioned that Frank
Roberts is moving his grocery store to the Cullen Block
On November, 1890 The Paulding Journal mentioned the following:
The young ladies of the M. E. Church will be having an oyster supper
in the French block next Friday
Mr. and Mrs. L. R. Wilted are opening a dry goods and millinery
store in the French Block.
In December, 1891, The Paulding Journal mentions the following:
About one o'clock on the morning of the first, fire was discovered
back of the Eustache harness shop on Perry Street. The fire
bell could not be used and the alarm had to be sounded by a man
running through the streets yelling "Fire". The fire engine
was hauled to the scene but it would not work.
Eleven stores and one bank were completely burned out.
They were mostly old frame buildings across the streets to prevent
their catching on fire. Eventually they got the fire engine
thawed out and it was used to prevent the spread of fire to the
Thompson House. Lost to the blaze were: Potter's Bank;
the Hamilton House Hotel; Tapsico's barber shop; Coon's meat market;
Hubble's restaurant; Snow's drug store; Hudson
Brothers grocery; Mrs. Davis' millinery; J. C. Rice's
feed store; Potter and Brumbaugh; Eustache's harness shop; and
the Law Office and residence of Col. S. R. Mott. The various
firms are seeking new quarters in town. A new fire bell is
(See more news articles regarding
On December, 1893, the Paulding Journal mentions the following:
The plasterers are putting the finishing touches on the new Deposit
Bank building on the corner of Williams and Perry Streets and it
will soon be ready to open its doors.
On June 1901, the Paulding Journal mentions the following:
The foundation for the new bank building on the north side of the
square has been completed and work has started on the foundation for
the Lynn building beside it.
The Paulding Deposit Bank, a state bank since3 1896, ahs converted
to the National Bank and will be known as the Paulding National
Paulding Co., OH
Contributed by Deb
(Click picture to make it larger)
Names are on back of picture
Top row, left to right: Edwina Mead, Dorothy Blakeslee, Claude
Deatrick, teacher, Carol Sherman, Harry Weller, Russell Stauffer,
Chs. Cunningham & Harlen Cunningham.
2nd row - Alta Weller, Mary Stauffer, Marjorie Blakeslee, Opal
Burris, Esther, Emma (cannot read their last names), Cleola Haddox,
Winifred Blakeslee, Alma Weller
3rd row - Elizabeth Cunningham, Nellie Coder?, Opal Thrasher,
4th row - Dennis Thrasher, Martin Coder, Ruhl Haddox, Coy Weller,
Guy Weller, Harold Burris
5th Row - Edwin (cannot read last name same as girls in row 2), Dan
Stauffer, Walter Coder, Russell Thrasher, Wilbur Blakeslee & Gerald
Coffee Mill House,
Charloe, Paulding Co., OH
Contributed by Deb
The lady in this picture is the contributor's Grandmother, Alta
It was taken between 1910 - 1920. She (Deb) has deeds to the
property, purchased from Allen Potts for $250.00.
It was built during the Civil war days by Dwight Blakeslee.
One room was used as general store that was opened 1 week after
being purchased by her (Deb's) grandparents Mr. and Mrs. Daniel E.