A Part of Genealogy Express

Welcome to
Wyandot Co., Ohio
History & Genealogy

History of Wyandot County, Ohio
Chicago: Leggett, Conaway & Co.,




     THIS township formerly belonged to Crawford County, and was originally included in that county in 1821. It is what is known as a fractional township and comprises Township 1 south, Range 15 east. It derives its name from Sycamore Creek, the nearest approach to a river that courses through its midst, and this creek, no doubt, obtained its title from the many so-called "sycamore" trees that grew in that neighborhood, in reality the plane tree or buttonwood, the sycamore proper (Sykamoros, fig-mulberry), being indigenous only to Egypt, Syria and neighboring districts. This township lies in the extreme northeast of Wyandot County. It is bounded on the north by Seneca County, on the east by Crawford County, on the south by Eden Township, and on the west by Tymochtee Township, It is six miles in length from north to south and four in breadth from east to west Being one of the earliest settled townships in this part of the county, the timber has been well cleared off, and thereby it has a decided advantage over some of the other townships, as the farms are more numerous and better developed, and altogether show evidence of a more advanced state.
     Of the streams in Sycamore Township (which all flow east or northeast), the creek that gave it its name is the most notable. Sycamore Creek takes its rise partly in Crawford County and partly in Sections 22 and 27, this township. It flows nearly due northwest and "glide that his own sweet will" through Sections 21, 16, 17, 18, 7 and a small portion of 6, when it enters Tymochtee Township and finally pours its waters into the Sandusky River near Mexico, in the latter township. Mile Creek, the most northerly stream, which finds its source in Crawford County, flows in a northwesterly direction through Sections 10, 3, 4, 5 and northeast corner of 6, where it enters Seneca County by the farm of Peter Pennington, ultimately finding its way to the Sandusky River. A stream, which enjoys the oleaginous and euphonious title, Greasy Creek, contributes its measure to Sycamore Creek; it rises in Crawford County, although one of its tributaries has its birth in Section 16, this township, and passes through Sections 15, 10, 16, 9, 17 and 8, uniting with Sycamore Creek in the northwest quarter of Section 7. Taylor Creek has its main springs in Section 34, and after flowing through 33, 27 and 30, penetrates Tymochtee Township by the farm of J. Lease, and falls into the Sandusky River about a mile west of the township line. Its smallest tributary rises in Section 28, courses through Section 29 and conjoins with Taylor Creek on Section 30, and a larger tributary rises in Section 34, traversing Sections 33, 32 and 31, entering Tymochtee Township by the farm of P. Smith and flows into Taylor Creek on Section 14, latter township. There are to be found some other smaller creeks in various parts of the township. The Wyandot Reservation line runs from Tymochtee Township eastward through the northern part of Sections 31, 32, 33 and 34 for a quarter of a mile, thence south into Eden.


     The first white settler in Sycamore Township was Samuel Harper, who, with his wife and seven children, four sons, William, James, Samuel and George, and three daughters, moved into the township March 1, 1821, where he entered 160 acres in Section 18, and another 160 acres in Section 6. He settled on Section 18, and resided there till his death, which occurred October 18, 1821. He was a native of Ireland, born in 1748, and came to America previous to the Revolutionary war, toward the commencement of which he enlisted. At the battle of Bunker Hill, he received a gun shot wound in the left arm, which was broken below the elbow. This disabling him, he was discharged and he then settled in Northumberland County, Perm., having been married, in Chester County, Penn., to Catharine Grimes. In the fall of 1818, he moved to Ross County, Ohio, and March 1, 1821, to Sycamore Township. He died in October of that year. Mrs. Harper lived on the homestead until 1834, and then moved to Sycamore Village, where she died in 1848, having reared all her children to maturity. Alexander Morrow came with Samuel Harper from Ross County, Ohio, March 1, 1821, and lived with the Harper family for a time; he afterward bought land on Section 7.
     Peter Baum, Sr., came about fifteen days after Samuel Harper, accompanied by Daniel Walters, who afterward married Susanna Baum, daughter of Peter Baum, Sr. He entered ten acres of land on Section 18, and died there. Ichabod Myron and Rufus Merriman, came about the same period. John Eyestone came from Ross County, entered 160 acres of land in Section 7, where he settled.
     In 1822 came George Kisor; he entered eighty acres of land, where he died some fifteen or twenty years after. William Lupton succeeded Kisor, coming in the early part of 1823. He settled on Section 17, where he entered 160 acres of land, and there died about 1848. He had three sons and one daughter; John, Samuel, Lewis and Massy, all of whom died in Sycamore Township, excepting Lewis, who died in Eden Township. About the same period came to this township the following: Peter Betzer, William Griffith, Michael Van Gundy, Jeptha Brown, Andrew Clingman, David Ford, the Crawfords and Starkeys, James Milligan, Jesse Ingerson, William Goodman, James and Lorin Pease, and Conrad Betz.
     Between 1823 and 1826, Jacob Hershberger and family, Solomon Pontius and family, William Griffith and family, Samuel and Bribner Hudson and their families, Abram and Samuel Bair and their families, Benjamin Van Gundy and family, William Goodman and family, William and Samuel Caughey and families, Jacob Combs and his family, from Virginia; Gershom Cunningham and family.
     From 1826 to 1830, Levi Pennington and family came from Virginia; Hampton Ford and family of three sons and one daughter, Benjamin Knapp and family, William Betzer and family, Adam Coon and family and Abram Brown and family. Following is a list of those who were assessed for the payment of taxes in the township of Sycamore in 1845, showing also the kinds of property owned, and (when real estate) upon what sections located:


Anno, Samuel, Section 29, 160 acres.
Ackerman, George, Section 27, 80 acres.
Brown, Ezra, Section 16, 240 acres.
Brown, Jeptha, Section 8, 160 acres.
Bair, David, Section 20, 160 acres.
Brundage, Benjamin, Section 3, 80 acres.
Butler, Simons, Section 18, 80 acres.
Baum, Peter, Section 18, 80 acres.
Bair, Abraham, Section 6, 80 acres, also owned carding machine.
Bair, Samuel, Section 5, 80 acres.
Brown, Abram, Section 31, 107 acres.
Bruna, John J., Section 30, 80 acres.
Berry, Jacob A., Section 30, 80 acres.
Bretz, Conrad, Section 18, 160 acres.
Betzer, William, Section 30, 164 acres.
Barkhart, Peter, Section 10, 100 acres.
Betzer, John, Sections 27 and 34, 354 acres.
Bardoon, Magdalena, Section 9, 120 acres.
Cleland, Arthur, Section 15, 120 acres.
Carey, Harvey, Section 22, 80 acres.
Carpenter, Daniel, Sections 8, 9 and 23, 320 acres.
Culver, Ebenezer, Section 27, 80 acres.
Cornell. M. J. and W. H., Section 4, 80 acres.
Combs, Jacob, Section 6, 120 acres.
Caughey, William, Section 6, 40 acres.
Caughey, Samuel, Section 6, 40 acres.
Caughey, William, Section 6, 40 acres.
Coon, John, Sections 28 and 21, 120 acres.
Clingman, Andrew, Section 19, 80 acres.
Corey, David, Section 28, 80 acres.
Crawford, James, Section 29, 80 acres.
Cunningham, G., Section 4, 80 acres.
Dunlap, James R, Sections 3 and 10, 100 acres.
Dennison, George, Section 3, 160 acres.
Eyestone, Ezekiel, Section 30, 80 acres.
Eyestone, Abraham, Section 30, 80 acres.
Eyestone, George, Section 33, 199 acres.
Eyestone, John, Section 7, 160 acres.
Eichelberger, John, Section 28, 80 acres.
Ford, Stephen, Section 28, 80 acres.
Ford, Charles, Section 19, 40 acres.
Ford, David, Section 20, 160 acres.,
Goodman, D. and John, Section 9, 160 acres.
Garnett, George, Section 34, 97 acres.
Goodman, William, Section 17, 80 acres.
Gurney, Isaac, Section 4, 80 acres.
Grinith* William, Sections 7, 17 and 18, 559 acres.
Gregg, Andrew, Section 10, 160 acres.
Hushlinger, Jacob, Sections 3, 4 and 9, 240 acres.
Hoover, John, Sections 22 and 27, 320 acres.
Hudson, Allen, Section 8, 160 acres.
*One of the first County Commissioners.
Haines, Daniel, Section 9, 120 acres.
Hudson. Samuel, Section 18, 80 acres.
Hudson, Bribun. Section 8, 80 acres.
Hiestand, Martin, Section 22, 80 acres.
Hershberger, Jacob, Section 16, 80 acres.
Ingerson, Jesse, Section 18, 80 acres.
Jacqueth, Isaac, Section 32, 100 acres.
Jones, Levi, Section 31, 102 acres.
Kisor, George, Sections 21, 22 and 28, 320 acres.
Kisor, John, Section 28, 40 acres.
Koon, Andrew, Section 30, 80 acres.
Klick, John, Section 21, 160 acres.
Knapp, Samuel, Section 19, 80 acres.
Kroft, John, Section 21, 80 acres.
Kester, Jonathan L., Section 34, 80 acres.
Lundy, James, Section 30, 80 acres.
Lee, Ebenezer, Section 10, 80 acres.
Lemon, Joel, Sections 28 and 29, 200 acres.
Lundy, Levi, Sections 18 and 19, 240 acres.
Lupton, John R., Section 21, 80 acres.
Lupton, William, Sections 16, 17 and 20, 240 acres.
Lemart, Lewis, Section 10, 135 acres.
Little, James, Section 29, 160 acres.
Martin, John, Section 15, 160 acres.
McCauley, Alfred, Section 21, 80 acres.
McEwen, Robert, Section 3, 80 acres.
Myers, John L., Section 4, 79 acres.
Morrow, Alexander
, Section 6, 42 acres.
Milligan, William, Section 29, 160 acres.
Neadry, John, Section 3, 120 acres.
Plane, Mary W., Section 5, 80 acres.
Pontius, Solomon, Sections 3 9, 20 and 32, 342 acres.
Pease, Loren A., Section 35, 1 acre.
Pennington. Isaac, Section 4, 160 acres.
Pennington, Levi, Section 5, 160 acres.
Pennington, Henry, Section 5, 80 acres.
Pool, Rodney, Section 6, 119 acres.
Porter, Simon, Section 22, 80 acres.
* Rogers and Smith, Sections 20 and 21, 160 acres.
Reed, T. C. and J. M., Section 7, 3 acres.
Rogers, Calvin, Section 5, 120 acres.
Reed, Isaac C., Section 7, 160 acres.
Searles, John, Section 34, 80 acres.
State of Ohio, Section 34, 66 acres.
Shafer, Gideon, Section 4, 1 acre.
Talman, Elihu, Section 7, 157 acres.
Talman, Akins, Section 8, 160 acres.
Van Gundy, Michael, Sections 15, 16, and 17, 480 acres.
Welch, Hugh, Section 6, 160 acres.
Wilson, Elisha, Section 19, 80 acres. ' Wagner, Jacob, Section 5, 40 acres.
Walter, Daniel, Sections 15 and 32, 120 acres,
Weeks, Robert M., Section 3, 80 acres.
Wolverton, Lewis, Section 28, 120 acres.
Yates, Abner, Section 10, 25 acres.
Yates, Thomas, Section 10, 40 acres.
Watson. George A., Section 15, 80 acres.
Pennington, Isaac, Section 4, 80 acres.
Dunlap, Daniel W., Sections 10 and 15, 120 acres.
Gregg, Andrew, Section 10, 160 acres.
Milligan, William, Section 29, 80 acres.
Ingerson, Alvin, Section 15, 40 acres.


Samuel Anno, Benjamin Bair, Abram Bair, Jeptha Brown, Lucas Baum, Conrad Bretz, Abram Brown, Elizabeth Baum, William Betzer, John J. Bunn, Jacob Beery, Peter Betzer, John Betzer, Andrew Bentley, Andrew Bender, Peter Burkhart, David Babcock, William Caughey, Moses J. Cornell, Henry B. Copenhaver, Gershom Cunningham,- Daniel Carpenter, Andrew Clingman, Jacob Combs, John Cunningham, Adam Coon, David Corey, T. R. Culver, Miner P. Cable, James Crawford, Charles Chapman, John Coon, Ebenezer Culver, Asa Culver, Harvey Corey, Harriet J. Davis, James Dunlap, George Eye-stone, George Eyestone, Jr., John Eyestone, Harman Eye3tone, Ezekiel Eye-stone, Abram Eyestone, John Eyestone, Jr., Jacob Eckleberry, Hampton Ford, David Ford, Stephen Ford, Isaac Gurney, Moses C. Gibson, David Goodman, William Goodman, John Goodman, William Griffith, Andrew Gregg, Adna Gillett, Bribner Hudson, Samuel Hudson, Allen Hudson, John Harper, James L. Harper, Jacob Hershberger, Leonard Housburg, Martin Heistand, George Harper, Jesse Ingerson, Alvin Ingerson, Jacob Imler, C. F. Jacqueth, Solomon S. Knapp, George Kisor, Jonathan Kester, Samuel Kittsmiller, Benjamin Knapp, Levi and Willits Lundy, James Lundy, James Little, Joel Lemon, William Lupton, Samuel Lupton, John K. Lupton, Lewis Lupton, William Leasure, Ebenezer Lee, John L. Myers, James Milligan, John Mattocks, John Martin, John Needry, George Ockerman, Salmon Osburn, Rodney Pool, Levi Pennington, Isaac Pennington, Solomon Pontius, Loren A. Pease, Mary Wilson Plain, Henry Pennington, Thomas F. Pierce, Benjamin Palmer, Simeon Porter, Caleb Phillips, Calvin Rogers, T. C. and J. M. Reed, C. P. Rogers, Alva Rose, Salem T. Richardson. Andrew Storkey, Salem P. Swinehart, Benjamin Shepard, George Taylor, Akins E. Tallman, John Tobridge, Michael Van Gundy. Michael Van Gundy, Jr., William Van-Gundy, Hugh Welch, David Wagoner, Elisha Willson, Lewis Wolverton, Benjamin Wilcox, Ransom Wilcox, Daniel Walter.


     The first house in Sycamore Township was erected by Samuel Harper about the year 1821. It was of hewed logs, dimensions 18x18 feet, one and a half stories high, and it stood till 1834-35. The first saw mill was established by William Griffith in 1830 on Section 18; it was operated until destroyed by fire in 1876—77; and the first grist-mill was known as Taylor's mill, erected on Sycamore Creek in Section 17 by George W. Taylor in 1843-44. It had two run of buhrs, and is still being operated. Prior to this mill, settlers had to go to the old Indian Mill at tipper Sandusky, to have their grinding done, or to Buck Creek in Clark County, Ohio. The first election in the township, which was then a full Congressional township, was held at the house of George Kisor near Petersburg, in 1822-23, when a full board of township officers were elected. Prior to 1822, provisions were brought in from the south. At that date a store was established at Old Tymochtee. The first wedding in the township took place in 1826, at the residence of Peter Baum, the contracting parties being Daniel Walters and Susannah Baum, and the first births were Susannah and Barbara Walters (twins), children of Daniel and Susannah Walters. The first death was that of Samuel Harper, which occurred at his old homestead in 1823. He is buried on the farm A. Bretz now lives on. The first store in the township was in Sycamore Village, kept by George Harper previous to which settlers went to Delaware for their supplies. There are now, besides those in Sycamore, three stores in the township, all in the village of Petersburg, viz.: One dry goods, by John Bender; one grocery, by Jerome Williams, and one drug store, by Francis Culver.


     The only highway that traverses this township from north to south, other than the Crawford County line, is the Section line a mile west of Crawford County; three roads cross the township from east to west—one in the center, passing through the town of Sycamore, one a mile further south and a third on the Eden Township line." In addition to these there are several others leading either in parallels with or along the section lines, or in an irregular manner, one of which latter inclines in a northwesterly direction from the village of Sycamore to Mexico, in Tymochtee Township, and the Morrison State road, which was the first regularly laid out road in the township. The Ohio Central Railroad intersects Sections 18, 20, 21, 28, 27 and 34, entering this township from Tymochtee on the farm of Charles B. Ingerson, and enters Crawford County by the farm of C. C. Pancoast.


     The first school in this township was held in the village of Sycamore, and the first schoolhouse was a round-log structure, 18x18 feet in dimensions, located on Section 17. It was erected in 1825-26 by the citizens of the township. The first teacher was Nancy Parmenter, who received the munificent sum of $1 per week as salary, and this amount was raised by subscription. There are now six school buildings in the township.
     The first religious services in Sycamore Township, before any regular house of worship was erected, were held during the summer of 1822 at the house of Mrs. Harper, John Stewart, a colored missionary, and James B. Finley officiating, and meetings were continued to be held at private houses or cabins, and occasionally on the old camp ground, until the erection of the first church in 1834. This place of worship was a frame structure built on Section 18, nominally by the Methodists, actually by the united support of the people, regardless of sect.
     Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church of Pipetown.—This society held its first meeting in this township in the old round-log schoolhouse in about 1834, and in that year their first church building was erected on a piece of ground seventy rods north of the southeast corner of Section 10, on the county line of Crawford and Wyandot. It was of frame work, 30x40 feet, and completed at no other cost than the gratuitous labor of those interested. The present church was built in 1853, a plain, but neat frame building, dimensions 28x35 feet, cost $625. It is located on the same site as the old, and in Section 10. In 1844, this society had some forty-four members, among whom were R. Weeks, William Gregg, Thomas Yates, A. Gregg, Lewis Lemert, Isaac Blair, Benjamin Shepherd, John Thompson, Robert Weeks, Jr., and the wives of all of them, together with several children. The pastors have been: Among those prior to 1844—Revs. Thomas Thompson, James Wilson, H. O.Sheldon; since 1844—Revs. Martin Welsh, Ralph Wilcox, Luke S. Johnson, — Kishler, Jesse Williams, Thomas J. Gard, John McKean, — Huestis, and others, with their colleagues. The first Trustees were Robert Weeks, William Gregg, Thomas Yates; present Trustees, C. W. Longwell, R. L. Speer, J. F. Gregg. There is at present no membership, and the church building is now used for funeral services, Sabbath schools and irregular church meeting appointments. The Sabbath schools are held in the summer months, and the attendance of scholars averages about fifty. In December, 1844, a revival took place in connection with this society, under the guidance of Revs. M Welsh and J. R. Jewett, on which occasion many children and youths and about a dozen adults were brought into the church, and in January, 1854, quite a number of heads of families, as well as young persons, were converted and joined the church under the administrations of Revs. Luke S. Johnson and — Kishler.
     There are several private burial grounds in the township, and of the public cemeteries one is located in each of Sections 10, 18, 29.


     This village is situated on Sycamore Creek between Sections 17 and 18, and on the line of the Ohio Central Railroad. It was laid out in the year 1842, while Sycamore Township was yet a part of Crawford County. Old Sycamore" as it is now termed, was of slow growth, and never attained higher than an ordinary country hamlet. Subsequent additions have been made, rather plats laid out independent of the "old town," till it now comprises a thriving village of over 300 inhabitants. The first house erected on the site of the village was in the year 1836. It was a store 18x30 feet in dimensions, and built of logs by George Harper, who opened a store, conducting the same two years. At the expiration of this time, he disposed of the stock to William Combs, who continued in the mercantile business about the same length of time as Mr. Harper. Combs sold to Gustus Saffel, who was one of Sycamore's leading merchants till 1880.
     In 1849-50, A. W. Brinkerhoff and J. B. Wilson opened a store and did business till 1856, when the firm dissolved and Brinkerhoff removed to Upper Sandusky.
     The village now has three dry goods stores, besides groceries, a sash and door factory, and a very fine five-story brick flouring mill erected in 1884 by George Taylor.


United Brethren Church in Christ.—The first meeting of this society was held in a schoolhouse located on Section —, by Rev. J. Powell, in the year 1849.  Two years later, a permanent organization was effected by Rev. William Mathers, with eleven members, as follows: John Gring, F. Clapsaddle, William Van Gundy, Charles Shire, Samuel Swinehart, Jane Swinehart, Martha Brady, John Beck, Margaret Morris, Elizabeth Noel, Mary Crawford and Father Swinehart. The society continued to worship at this schoolhouse until 1853, when it erected a frame building in Sycamore, 30x40 feet in size, at a cost of $800. This was used as a house of worship until 1873, when it was replaced by a commodious brick structure, 44x60 feet in dimensions. This edifice, located on Saffell's Addition, cost $4,300. The following pastors have served this charge, viz.: Revs. S. Essex, one year; S. H. Rowdabaugh, two years; Rev. Clingal, two years; J. Ridly, one year; L. Moore, one year; Rev. Struble, six months; E. B. Maurer, two and a half years; and C. L. Bevington, the present incumbent. The present number of members is ninety, with the following officers: Trustees—William Van Gundy, P. K Sheaffer, J. W. Eyestone, William Kinley and Solomon Downey. The society has been blessed with several revivals, some of the principal ones occurring in 1873, 1875 and 1877. In 1884, some fifty accessions were made to the church.  A Sabbath school. Missionary Society and a society termed "The Gleaners," composed of young people, are maintained, and are in a flourishing condition.


Rubicon Lodge, No. 645, I. 0. O. F.—The dispensation was granted this lodge July 20, A. D. 1876. The original members were I. B. Gibbs, J. N. Asbury, M. G. Clapsaddle, George W. Biles, Philip Bloom, D. M. Bope, G. Eyestone, Harvey Griffith, J. A. Gibson, A. E. Gibson, W. A. Milligan and William Park. Nathan Jones, M. W. G. Master, organized the lodge with the following officers: I. B. Gibbs, N. G.; J. K Asbury, Y. G.; G. W. Biles, Secretary; J. A. Gibson, Treasurer; William Milligan, Warden; Philip Bloom, Conductor; William Park, I. G.; A. E. Gibson, O. G.; D. M. Bope, R. S. N. G.; H. Griffith, L. S. N. G.; G. Eyestone, L. S. Y. G.
     The present officers are: C. Moessner, N. G.; P. L. Babcock, Y. G.; E. Y. Ingerson, Secretary; Jacob Staum, Treasurer; Philip Bloom, Warden; H. W. Hawkins, Conductor; J. S. Gault, L G.; M. G. Clapsaddle, O. G.; D. M. Bope, R. S. N. G.; H Grifith, L. S. N. G.; Wilber Brown, R. S. Y. G.; A. Montours, L. S. Y. G; A. J. Bretz, R. S. S.; A. J. Brown, L. S. S.
     The society has a membership of fifty-five, and holds its meetings every Saturday evening in the hall over H. M. Byers' drug store. Prior to December, 1883, it convened in " Biles' building." There has always been a deep interest taken in the order in this place since the institution of the lodge, and it has always been prompt in its attendance upon the sick or needy. But one member has been taken away by death. The financial standing of the lodge is good, now having $450 on interest.
     Jaqueth Post, No. 196, G. A. B., was organized January 31,1882, with the following members, viz.: B. Pontius, J. E. Goodrich, W. Brown, C. Moessner, J. A. Boley, E. J. Wilson, J. Staum, William Milligan, William Beard, William Hill, T. Fox and Edward Ingerson. The Post was organized by Inspector Brown, of Toledo. It has a membership of seventeen, with J. A. Boley as Commander, and C. Moessner, Adjutant.


1845, Hugh Welch, Isaac Jaqueth, John Martin.
1846—Isaac Jaqueth, Jesse Ingerson, Jeptha Brown.
1847—Jesse Ingerson, Jeptha Brown, Isaac Jaqueth.
1848—Jesse Ingerson, Jeptha Brown, Isaac Jaqueth.
1849—John Kisor, Andrew Gregg, William Betzer.
1850—William Betzer, John Kisor, Andrew Gregg.
1851—William Betzer, John Kisor, Andrew Gregg.
1852—Andrew Gregg, William Betzer, Jonathan Kester.
1853— Elisha Willson, Peter Burkhart, Jesse Ingerson.
1854—Elisha Willson, Jesse Ingerson, John K. Lupton.
1855—John K. Lupton, Ezekiel Eyestone, James K. Dunlap.
1856—John K. Lupton, James K. Dunlap, Ezekiel Eyestone.
1857—Ezekiel Eyestone, Elisha Willson, Jeptha Brown.
1858—Jesse Ingerson, Jeptha Brown, Elisha Willson.
1859—Jesse Ingerson, Jeptha Brown, Elisha Willson.
1860—Jeptha Brown, S. P. Swinehart, William Betzer.
1861—J. A. Gibson, S. P. Swinehart, Enoch Eyestone.
1862—J. A. Gibson, Enoch Eyestone, S. P. Swinehart.
1863—Enoch Eyestone, Jeptha Brown, J. K. Lupton.
1864—William Van Gundy, Jeptha Brown, C. C. Pancoast.
1865—William Van Gundy, C. C. Pancoast, J. T. Konkle.
1866—E. Willson, J. T. Konkle, P. C. Kitchen.
1867—L. A. Pease, P. C. Kitchin, Silas Baker.
1868 - J. A. Gibson, P. C. Kitchin, Silas Baker.
1869—J. Gault, Cyrus Griffith. M. D. Betz.
1870—J. Gault, J. F. Gregg, J. W. Little.
1871—Jordan Gault, J. W. Libtle, A. Bender.
1872—J. W. Little, A. Van Gundy, A. Bender.
1873—A. F. Bender, A. Van Gundy, Cyrus Griffith.
1874—Z. S. Willson, A Thatcher, William Gibbs.
1875—Z. S. Willson, A. Thatcher, William Gibbs.
1876—A. C. Hershberger, Cyrus Griffith, J. W. Little.
1877—A. C. Hershberger, Cyrus Griffith, William Van Gundy.
1878—A C. Hershberger, Cyrus Griffith, William Van Gundy.
1879—Jeptha Brown, A. J: Bretz, Benjamin Pontius.
1880—A. J. Bretz, Benjamin Pontius, John W. Nichols.
1881—A. J. Bretz, Benjamin Pontius, John W. Nichols.
1882—A. J. Bretz, Benjamin Pontius, John W. Nichols.
1883—John W. Nichols, A. J. Bretz, Griffith Evestone.
1845-46, James C. Pease; 1847-48, Augustus Saffell; 1849-50, Samuel Hudson; 1851-54, Henry J. Flack; 1855-61, T. A. Peeso; 1862, J. W. Eyestone; 1863-66, I. Philips; 1867-68, G. E. Basom; 1869-75, I. Philips; 1876, J. C. Stalter; 1877, Wilber Brown; 1878, F. H. West; 1879, Wilber Brown; 1880-83, I. B. Gibbs.
1845, George Harper; 1846, L. A. Pease; 1847-54, John Harper; 1855, Jeptha Brown; 1856, A. Saffell; 1857-59, A. H. Lundy; 1860, John Harper; 1861-65, A H. Lundy; 1866-68, A. Saffell; 1869-73, John Stinchcomb; 1874, William Van Gundy; 1875-78, Silas Baker; 1879-83, William Van Gundy.
Justices of the Peace—
1845, David Ellis, Joel Lemon; 1848, Benjamin Knapp, Jacob Hershberger; 1850, Jeptha Brown; 1851, Jacob Hershberger; 1857, Andrew Gregg; 1860, M. C. Gibson, Jacob Hershberger; 1866, John W. Reynolds, James C. Pease; 1869, James C. Pease, John W. Reynolds; 1871, G. W. Biles; 1872, J. E. Goodrich; 1874, George W. Biles; 1877, B. F. Culver; 1880, Tilghman Zellner; 1881, J. E. Goodrich; 1883, Tilghman Zellner.




CLICK HERE to Return to

CLICK HERE to Return to

This Webpage has been created by Sharon Wick exclusively for Genealogy Express  ©2008
Submitters retain all copyrights